Digital staging, also known as virtual staging, is a technologically-advanced home staging solution that uses a computer and software to digitally transform photos of an empty house into a beautifully furnished home.
Virtual staging serves two purposes:
- It helps home sellers or real estate agents present the vacant property’s potential without spending money on actually staging it.
- It helps buyers visualize what it might be like to live there, thus making a quicker buying decision.
If you are in the market for selling your home, here are a few reasons why you should virtually stage your home:
1. Creates great first impressions
When it comes to selling your home, first impressions are vital. An exclusive research commissioned by Strutt & Parker found that 76% of real estate buyers admit that first impressions are everything when they visit a property, and 66% say they are vital when viewing a property online.
So, in a world where people make snap decisions with a click of a button, virtual staging can give your property the edge.
By furnishing the home with trendy interior designs, removing the distracting items, and decluttering the space, virtual staging can make your real estate photos on your online listing more appealing to the buyers.
2. Provides value
Not all potential buyers can visualize the potential of a property. So, they are going to need more than an empty room to realize the home’s true potential. When you virtually stage a home, you show the buyers the home’s true value, helping them make a more informed decision.
3. Brings out the best features of the home
The main objective behind staging a home is to highlight the best features of the home. It could be the architecture, layout, or the view – when potential buyers see the property, they should be able to imagine a life living there. Virtually staging does that effectively.
4. Reduces missed sales opportunities
When you are in a competitive market such as real estate, time is crucial. Traditional home staging is a time-consuming process. It involves initial consultation and logistics that come with sourcing and setting up the furniture. The whole process can take up months of your precious time with a high probability of missed sales opportunities.
Virtual staging needs only a few hours (48 hours or less) to get your real estate photos listing-ready, giving you more time to capitalize on sales opportunities.
National Association of Realtors has some interesting stats about home and virtual staging.
- 83% of realtors claimed that staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- 28% of real estate agents admitted to having staged all sellers’ homes before listing them for sale.
- 40% of real estate agents revealed that home staging had an effect on most buyers’ view of the home.
- 13% of realtors noted that they only staged homes that are difficult to sell.
When you are selling a vacant home, a home occupied with tenants, or a home with outdated décor, digital staging can be a tremendous asset. It can transform your house – whatever condition it is in – into a beautiful, well-furnished home. This helps buyers to see the potential of the property and imagine themselves living in it.